The Run the Peninsula Race Series takes place on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula in Washington State.
The series is made up of 5 different races:
- Elwha Bridge, Port Angeles, WA – 5K /10K
- Railroad Bridge, Sequim, WA – 5K /10K
- North Olympic Discovery Marathon, Sequim to Port Angeles, WA – 5K /10K / Half Marathon / Marathon / Relay
- Larry Scott, Port Townsend – 5K /10K
- Jamestown S’Klallam, Blyn, WA – 5K / 10K
The series also has a virtual race option for all of the events if you are not able to make it out to the Olympic Peninsula for one or all of the races.
- Saturday, February 2nd, 2019 – Elwha Bridge, Port Angeles, WA – 5K /10K
- Saturday, April 27th, 2019 – Railroad Bridge, Sequim, WA – 5K /10K
- Sunday, June 2nd, 2019 – North Olympic Discovery Marathon, Sequim to Port Angeles, WA – 5K /10K / Half Marathon / Marathon / Relay
- Saturday, October 19th, 2019 – Larry Scott, Port Townsend – 5K /10K
- Saturday, December 7th, 2019 -Jamestown S’Klallam, Blyn, WA – 5K / 10K
- Virtual Races – You can run them at anytime in 2019. Open January 1st – December 31st, 2019
Bib Pick Up
Bib Pick-up will vary for each race. See specifics below
Elwha Bridge –
- Friday, February 1st – 6:00-8:00 pm – Barhop Brewing and Artisan Pizza (124 W. Railroad Ave, Port Angeles, WA 98362)
- Saturday, February 2nd – 7:30 am – Elwha Bridge – Pedestrian Bridge.
Railroad Bridge –
- Friday, April 26th – 5:00-7:00 pm – Barhop Brewing and Artisan Pizza (124 W. Railroad Ave, Port Angeles, WA 98362)
- Saturday, April 27th – 7:30 am – Railroad Bridge – On the East side of the Bridge
North Olympic Discovery Marathon –
- Saturday, June 1st – Jim’s Pharmacy Health and Fitness expo anytime from noon-6pm. The expo takes place at the Red Lion Hotel in Port Angeles, WA.
Larry Scott Trail – TBA
Jamestown S’Klallam Run
- Saturday, December 7th – 2:30 pm – At the starting area on the Jamestown S’Klallam Tribal Campus.
Parking / Shuttles
Shuttles to the Race Starts –
Some of the races will have shuttles to the start of the race due to limited parking at the starting lines.
Shuttle information and times will be updated soon.
Elwha Bridge, Port Angeles, WA –
- NO PARKING AT THE START / FINISH AREA!
- Participants can be dropped off on the west side of Elwha Bridge
- Shuttles will be running continuously from Lower Elwha Food & Fuel on Highway 101
- Shuttles are for Participants and Spectators
- Shuttles will start running at 7:10 am. Bus ride is about 10 minutes to the start. Plan accordingly
- Shuttle Buses will be driving continuously from 7:10-12:30 pm
Railroad Bridge, Sequim, WA – ON SITE PARKING
- Parking will be in the field off of West Hendrickson Road.
- Parking signs will be visible from West Hendrickson Road
North Olympic Discovery Marathon, Sequim to Port Angeles, WA
- Buses depart from the Gateway Transit Center. Free and pay parking is available throughout the downtown corridor. Your car will be within walking distance of the finish line after the race.
- We strongly encourage participants to take the shuttle to their start. This eliminates congestion at the start where parking is limited.
- Buses run continuously (load and go). There are no reserved seats or times.
- Marathon Walk – 5:15 am bus departure
- Marathon – 5:45am -6:30am
- Half Marathon – 6:45am – 7:30am
- 10K – 7:15 am – 8:00 am
- 5K (no bus transportation needed for the 5K event)
- Return Shuttle For Marathon and Half Marathon only. If you choose to park at your race start, there is a bus available to take you back to your car. Buses depart from the Gateway Transit Center – one block west of the finish line.
Larry Scott, Port Townsend, WA – TBA
Jamestown S’Klallam, Blyn, WA – TBA
Race Bib and Timing Chip
A numbered race bib and electronic timing chip are personally assigned to each registered athlete. All participants are required to pin their race bib to the front of their shirt.
- The timing chip is attached to the race bib and must be worn during the race and across the finish line in order to get a result.
- If you lose your bib and chip before the race start, notify a volunteer who can re-issue one to you.
- Do not trade with other participants.
- Do not wear bibs or timing chips that have been issued to another participant. Doing so could result in disqualification.
- If you retrieve your bib and chip at packet pick-up but decide not to run on race day, please return the bib and chip to a volunteer.
- After you cross the finish line, you may remove and dispose of your electronic chip. If you plan to stay around the finis line area you should remove your chip to avoid setting off the timing matts.
- Results will be posted at the finish venue and on this website after the event.
Age Groups – Male and Female Categories
5k: 10 & under, 11-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-70, 80 and over.
10k: 10 & under, 11-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 and over.
Awards will be presented to the:
- Top 3 winners is each Age Group
- 5K Awards to start at approximately 10:30 am
- 10K Awards to start at approximately 11:00 am (following 5K awards)
- YOU HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO RECEIVE YOUR AWARD
Course Time Limits
There are no time limits on the course.
Medals and Shirts
All participants will receive a high-quality Short Sleeve performance garment for each event in the series.
All participants will receive a medal. All of the series medals fit together to form one large medal. If you complete all 5 races you receive an additional centerpiece medal that keeps all of the medals together.
Enthusiastically staffed aid/water stations will be provided at the start line and on the course.
Available at all water stations:
- Gatorade (half strength)
- 1st Aid
Port a Potties are located at each race start. Some races have port a potties along the course. Please respect private property.
We welcome walkers in ALL events.
We welcome strollers in all events. Please be courteous to all participants around you and stay to the side of the course.
Dogs are NOT PERMITTED at any of our races.
Free Professional Photos
We have a professional photographer at the finish line and throughout the course. The photos are available for download 2 on our Photo Page.
Lost and Found
Lost and found will be at the finish line area. If you find any personal items in the race area or registration area, or you lose anything, please check in with volunteers in the finish venue.